Job Title: Service Technician ,
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for performing retail and internal equipment repairs in a timely and efficient manner by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Diagnose, inspect, repair and, assemble agricultural equipment as assigned by the supervisor.*
2. Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts to properly account for all parts and labor used.*
3. Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, equipment and vehicles.*
4. Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities. Assists with product demonstrations, as needed.*
5. Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold by the dealership.*
6. Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
7. Responsible for continuously improving knowledge and proficiencies independently and through training sessions.*
8. Participate in company communication efforts, including team huddles and location meetings.
9. Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
11. Able to work extended hours with minimal notice.
12. Must be able to travel nationally and internationally.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and DIS/SAP.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specialized Training: Competent use of mechanical and diagnostic tools to complete repairs.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid driver's license Valid Passport for International Travel Equipment: · Forklift · Service truck · Hoist/crane · Power tools Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities: · Professionalism · Time Management · Communication Skills Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk, stand, climb stairs; reach, lean and twist with production equipment. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Please visit our website at www.krone-na.com to learn more about our company
- The day-to-day ownership and decision making (together with the Territory Product Support Manager) for Krone UK in its relationship with our distribution network in the territory.
- Becoming a valuable partner to each dealer in the Krone UK distribution network in your area.
- Assuring a seamless and consistent working relationship with your Territory Product Support Manager.
- Providing the leadership and influence to drive adherence to the Krone Sales process.
- Supporting dealers in use of Krone UK business systems.
- Maximising the use of wholesale and retail finance facilities with our partner JCB Finance.
- Liaising closely with the Operations team, regarding availability, ordering and delivery of machines.
- Developing strong dealer and customer relationships, managing issues proactively and efficiently.
- Promoting and advocating Krone UK systems, processes, promotions and initiatives.
- Monitoring and reporting on territory and dealer activity, and creating development action plans for dealer/ territory improvement, with rigorous follow-up.
- Identifying new dealer opportunities as appropriate, and developing the necessary supporting business case and impact summary, in line with strategic direction.
- Fully understanding the Krone product portfolio, as well as market and competitor activity- and the relevant customer requirements.
- Working with dealers to forecast sales, including volumes and mix for the forthcoming year(s)- understanding the importance of product availability and lead times.
- Utilising Krone and dealer CRM data, to identify prospects, and revenue opportunities.
- Monitor sales turnover, progress against forecast and margin throughout the year, taking action to resolve issues as they arise.
- Organise, shows, events and demonstrations in conjunction with dealers in your territory.
- Build sales on excellent customer experience.
- Undertaking additional duties to assist KRONE as requested by the Sales Manager or Management Team.
In return, KRONE will offer a competitive remuneration package, healthcare and company pension scheme.
TO APPLY: For more information please call Jim Holmes on 0113 287 8800. To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating your current salary to email@example.com.